Monday, February 1, 2010

Don't Worry Kids, I'm On My Way!



I had a pretty funny experience recently that I thought my readers might appreciate. I was at an offsite meeting and those of you who were there will know exactly what I’m talking about. We were enjoying a lovely dinner and eventually, and perhaps inevitably, the subject of me being single came up. My well-intentioned friends and colleagues were all encouraging me to go online to find Mr. Wonderful and one of these lovely ladies was very specific and direct in her advice. She stated that, in no uncertain terms, I should find a man who already has children. Now, I’ve always been open to the idea of being with someone who has children but she clarified that I shouldn’t just be open to the concept, but that I should be looking specifically for this in a partner and I needed to hop to it because I needed to be a Mom. I take it as a compliment that anyone would say that I should be a Mom or that I would be a good one but all of a sudden I felt this need to go out that night and find my husband and children! She had me convinced that, as we speak, my future husband’s current wife could be pregnant with my future stepchildren and if I didn’t get online and make sure he knew that I was waiting for him that I would miss my chance. Well, I haven’t put my posting out there just yet, but I will keep you posted when my instant family becomes a reality. Until then, if you come across any Lifetime tv movie-worthy single dads with children looking for a stepmom, keep me posted and my friend Nadja will be very relieved.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you included a picture of Stepmom. Remember when Jeremy tortured us by making us watch it on Sunday afternoon and refused to change the channel as we sat there sobbing? Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I should be praying for your baby mama? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete