Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Real Proactiv Solution

It seems like the one thing everyone in Hollywood has in common is that they’ve all done a ProActive commercial. I mean, I find it hard to identify someone who HASN’T done of of these infomercials. From actresses from All My Children that no one has ever heard of to Avril Lavigne, it seems that “everyone” has a tragic story to tell about a zit they got once and how Proactive changed everything for them. Now, I can appreciate the average woman who goes on there and shows her pizza face and describes how hard it was for her to get through high school. I understand that if this product helped her that she wants to spread the word. But I do have a hard time sympathizing with the gorgeous actress who had one zit, one time, on one award show when she also had the benefit of an oscar-winning make-up artist and hair stylist covering it all up. If this company is looking for people that the average woman can relate to, they are missing the mark. We want normal people who have truly suffered, not the Hollywood version where they try to “relate” with their version of pain. I’d like to think that Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson and Alicia Keys have committed to a daily skin regimen, but I find it a bit hard to believe. Next thing you know Kelly Ripa or Victoria Beckham will be the new spokeswomen for Jenny Craig. Some things just don’t go together. So, Proactiv, please go back to the testimonials from actual people who have actually suffered with bad skin and stop putting celebrities with clear complexions in your commercials and putting a CGI zit on their chin.

2 comments:

  1. I will buy nothing from Jessica Simpson. I find myself with her shoes or other things in my hands at stores, and when I look at the bottom and see her name I put it back- no matter how cute it is. I don't want her to be my best friend, I'll stick with you Nat:)

    ReplyDelete