Friday, January 15, 2010

A Corny Story

As some of you know, my mother stays with me at my condo a couple times of year because I live a mile from the campus she goes to for her MFA program and she has intensive sessions once per semester. We have the best time together and I look forward to having her here. She really makes herself at home and we can just let our hair down and laugh together, it really is the best relationship. The other night she did something which I still haven’t been able to describe to anyone without cracking up. So, I’m in the living room and here’s what happens:

Mom (from kitchen): Hey, you’ve got frozen fruit pops, yummy

Me (from living room): Feel free to help yourself to a popsicle.

Mom (from kitchen): Great, thanks!

Now both of us are in the living room but the lighting is dim. The importance of this will reveal itself shortly.

Mom: I don’t know if I’m gonna like this popsicle. I don’t know what flavor it is and it feels so heavy!

Me: What?

Mom: This popsicle looks weird, I don’t think I’m gonna like it.

Me (now looking up at Mom): That’s because you are about to lick a frozen corndog.

2 comments:

  1. This is something that could happen between me and my mom. This is so very funny. Thanks for sharing. I needed a good laugh. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, that's AMAZING. too funny.

    ReplyDelete