Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Talk About Putting Your Foot In Your Mouth


It doesn’t seem to take long for a nice moment of mine to get ruined by something awkward. Well, it happened to me recently while I was getting a nice relaxing pedicure. After my feet had been massaged and I was getting ready for the pretty color I had chosen to be applied, my moment arrived. As the pedicurist slid my foot into the disposable flip flop, I remarked that I was glad they made them in my size. I don’t have ugly feet, I don’t have strange feet, but I do have large feet. I’m sporting about a size 10 nowadays so having a “one size fits all” shoe fit me is kind of a big deal. Anyways, the lady tells me that my feet aren’t all that big, but I need larger feet to support me because I’m so………..tall. Yeah, that’s right. My relaxing pedicure came to a screeching halt when I used every bit of self-control to stop myself from kicking her in the head. But I held it together and no one got hurt. Well, except for my ego. I’m glad she stopped herself before saying the word she was really thinking, but we both knew what that pause meant and, needless to say, this “tall” girl didn’t give her a “fat” tip!!!

2 comments:

  1. At least she spoke English. I actually kind of prefer it when all they know is "pick out a color". It's nice to lie there and let their foreign language wash over me and have absolutely no need to comprehend or respond. That's my idea of pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete