Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How I Roll


Could someone please explain to me why it is that no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try to avoid it, I always end up getting the grocery cart with the loud broken wheel? Next time you are in the store, just listen for that pathetic sounding cart that is barely able to take a corner and you’ll find me pushing it. Honestly, children ran away from me tonight at the store because of my scary screeching cart. And the thing is, it takes a few seconds to get going so just when I think I’m in the clear, BOOYAH, that familiar sound is back and now it’s too late to turn around and change it. The really special part of it is that the noise itself somehow even makes my ears hurt which is a hard thing to do!!! And it’s not just the sound, as soon as that kicks in, one of the wheels gets stuck and so it’s not only loud, it’s then hard to even push the damn thing at all. Now, I know that things could be worse but I just can’t figure out how, of all the people in the world, these carts keep choosing me.

3 comments:

  1. It happens to me - I think there are more "broken" carts than people realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and I have seriously had this exact same conversation. We ALWAYS get the, ahem, challenged cart.

    It's even worse when Finn makes us get one of those damn car-shaped carts. Those things are mammoth, the wheels never all touch the ground at once, and the turning radius is like a battleship. I do NOT like the car carts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to end up with the leaky flour/sugar bag. There is a trail left on the store belt, my car and kitchen. Seriously, every time!! I end up with about a 1/8 less than I paid for because of spillage.

    ReplyDelete