Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Revenge Of The Christmas Cookie

Oh, those damned Christmas cookies. I swore I would be good, I promised to stay away and then at my company cookie swap today, I ate with abandon and forgot all of my promises. And now I’m paying the price. I’m sitting here with a good pound of refined sugar sitting like a brick in my tummy. I’m also full of regret. Did I NEED that last frosted sugar cookie? Did I just HAVE to eat that little square of fudge? Was it COMPLETELY necessary to try all three chocolate chip cookies being offered? And now here’s the worst part, after all of that sugar I am craving something salty like you wouldn’t even believe. I swear, if someone walked by with a cheeseburger, I would literally tackle them and if they got hurt, so be it. Oh the joys of the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment