Monday, October 5, 2009

Nobody "Nose" I Snore

Okay, so sometimes I wake up in the morning and my throat is a bit scratchy and my nose is a little sore and I figure it’s just allergies. That is until I go on a trip like I am on at the moment and look over the other side of the room to see my roommate with a pillow over her head in the middle of the night. Now, she claims it’s because she was “cold” but I know the truth…the ugly truth…the painful truth…that I snore. I do it loudly and not so proudly. What’s worse is that I then spend the rest of the night tossing and turning because I don’t want to disturb my friend.

Now, I live alone so really the only one I might bother is my cat, but let’s be honest, based on my earlier post, she can handle a little discomfort herself now and then. And of course when I travel with my friends no one is really volunteering to be my roommate unless they come equipped with a noise machine, earplugs, and a lot of patience.

One day I’m hoping this will go away, but for now, I’m just hoping that my good friends will keep my little secret so no one else “nose.”

4 comments:

  1. Um, I had to bring ear plugs with me whenever we stayed in the same room for vacations. So I could have told you that you snore. Loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever get your adenoids out? Did a world of good for Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the propensity at which you fall asleep which always amazes me- poof you're out, and snoring. Noise machine and headphones are the necessity.....maybe the adenoids would be worth a shot, you know how much you love surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mallorca must have been good to you. You were quiet. And you know I would have told you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete