Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Is My Car A Bad Luck Charm???


What a morning I had today. I pressed my snooze button just one extra time, knowing that I would still have enough time to get out the door by 8:15am and make it to work on time. However, little did I know what fate had in store for me this morning. And by "fate", I mean the Cambridge police and Pat's Towing Company. Yes, I miscalculated the street cleaning schedule last night and parked on the wrong side of the street. I looked out my front window and saw my car on a flatbed about to be carted away. As I ran outside to see what I had done so wrong to deserve this, I was informed it was street cleaning day and I was out of luck. However, they said I could pay them $90 right then and there and they would release my car instead of me having to go down to the tow yard to get it for $113. I said fine but I didn't have $90 on me so guess what kids? I hopped in the tow truck and he drove me to the local ATM with my car behind us. I gave him the money and PRESTO my car was given back to me. Now, the humility doesn't stop there. I had stand there and wait while passersby judged me and wondered "I wonder what she did" as they saw me with a wad of cash and wearing a bizarre combination of clothes that i threw on to get out to the truck to save my car!!! He released my car from the million hooks and chains keeping it to the flatbed and I returned home, embarassed, angry, and $90 less in my account. And then the best part is that I also have a $30 ticket to pay now. All I have to say is that my street better be sparkling when I get home tonight and I hope that the $120 I lost today will give me some points out there in the universe to avoid another annoying morning like this any time soon. I know this has nothing to do with my car, but it's just one more sign to me that it's time to make a change. If I had a new car, i would have parked it in my driveway and avoided this whole thing. I think this car is becoming a bit of bad luck for me, last winter it was spinout palooza and already this fall I've been pulled over for speeding (got out of that one though) and now ticketed and towed. Argh!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't miss that part of living in Boston....on the other hand, DH and I have both gotten speeding tickets in the last month. At least a parking ticket doesn't raise your insurance rates! Not sure what is up with your blog but for some reason the new posts don't make it to my dashboard for over a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's more ammunition for dealing with your lame neighbor- get her keys or get her to trade spots with you, or I'm keying her car the next time I come in :)

    ReplyDelete