Tuesday, November 3, 2009


So, I went to the doctor today who informed me that I have a patellar subluxation which basically means my kneecap is in the wrong place which explains why I've been saying for the past few weeks, "hey, I think my kneecap is in the wrong place." so, I've got a knee brace and some new exercises to focus on with my trainer and I hope to straighten this out. The good news is that he remarked that my quads are really strong and he could tell I had been focusing on them in the gym. that's right Dr. Patel, my quads rule!!! It's a pretty frequent injury and is often fixed on it's own with ice, advil, strengthened leg muscles and avoiding painful activities. Worst case scenario, I might need surgery, but I'll take the next 3 months to do everything I can to avoid it. Lord knows, I don't need another surgerical notch on my belt.

2 comments:

  1. No, you definitely don't need another surgery! So, does having a trainer really help? I'm starting to get disallusioned (sp?) with my 30 day shred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that your knee doctor's name is Dr. Patel, and he's treating an injury to your patella...

    Hope you can stay away from the surgical knife!

    ReplyDelete