Monday, November 16, 2009

The Blind Side

Okay, so you know how there are certain movies that just make you cry your eyes out? One of the ones that always does that to me is Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock. Well, I think she may have done it again with her new movie, The Blind Side. It's the true story of a high school student who went from homeless to the first round NFL draft pick in 2009 all because of a fiery mom who took him in as her own son. Every time I see the previews for this movie, I start crying. So, I kind of figure that this will be messier than an unexpected re-watch of Stepmom or Steel Magnolias. You know, those movies that you catch halfway through but you just can't walk away until you see the gut-wrenching ending? You know what's going to happen but you can't stop but put yourself through the pain all over again. Now, I think this movie ends up more inspirational than depressing but if the previews are any indication, pass the tissues because this is gonna get messy before it's over. What's your favorite tearjerker? My top three picks: Hope Floats, Stepmom, I Am Sam. Oh god, I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about them, I have to go now......

3 comments:

  1. I try not to watch tearjerkers repeatedly. However, I cry at just about anything so it happens. Notably, I cried at Home Alone (did I really just admit that?). Not a Greys Anatomy goes by where I don't at least tear up. Even sitcoms are fair game.

    Some of my hardest movie cries include Beaches (of course) and The Joy Luck Club. In general, though, I try to stay away from movies designed to make you cry (like the Stepmom). My sinuses thank me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Notebook is one of my sobbing movies, yet I love it (mainly for the costumes, I think). And give me any movie where an animal dies and I'm a total mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Road to Rodanthe?

    ReplyDelete