Thursday, June 10, 2010

You Can't Cry Over Spilled Milk








But you can certainly cry over spoiled milk in my opinion!!! So, this morning I was making my breakfast and I grabbed the carton of milk I bought just yesterday. For some reason I always smell milk and I open it and so I did so again this morning. It smelled a little "off" so I decided to give it a little taste. I live alone, so no harm in taking a swig straight from the carton. I immediately knew it was so very wrong and made a scene as I spit it out and used a paper towel to wipe my tongue clean of this awful taste. When I then poured the milk out, it was clear and then chunky. Yeah, revolting. I wanted to vomit. And now, all I can think about for the rest of the day is that I drank that nasty stuff and I'm now going to have major trust issues with milk going forward. I will be tortured by the "Got Milk?" ad campaign and it's going to take some serious time to recover from this. Will osteoporosis set in due to my lack of calcium? I hope not. Wish me luck my friends, I may never be the same.

6 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog- - have spent the last 2 days trying to organize pictures (from 1985 thru 1999) and there are some wonderful ones of you with the trips on FL vacations. . .miss you and better luck with milk in the future! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly where u are coming from. I'm not a milk sniffer, but I know plenty of people who are and there have been times that I wished I were because u would think that it would cut down on sour milk consumption. However even when people think its gone bad they still feel compelled to drink it just to check. That taste will haunt you for weeks to come I'm sorry to say. Oh Nat, maybe you need to put something stronger in your coffee in the mornings until you feel ready to start up your dairy relationship again. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to ask for a refund. One day?!? That's crazy. And smart that you check!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I would bring that right back to the store....go kick some butt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that will teach you to drink from the carton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a sad similar post about milk when I discovered my breastmilk doesn't freeze properly (it spoils). Somehow it makes me less crazy about milk cartons spoiling. I do always check the label though for dates and never drink anything one day late.

    ReplyDelete