Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Demand Full Disclosure!

So, while eating my lunch today I made a terrible discovery, the salad I had purchased secretly contained a pile of black olives! I didn’t see it coming. I wouldn’t have imagined with a mozzarella, roasted pepper, grilled chicken and mesclun greens salad that olives would have even been considered. Flabbergasted, I spent the first few minutes of my lunch picking through and removing all of them. But, every piece of greenery they touched now had the vile and lingering flavor of those black rings of salty yuckiness. What if I had an olive allergy? What if I had high blood pressure and needed to watch my salt intake? What if I HATE BLACK OLIVES!?!?!? Now, truth be told, I do love green olives in a martini but that’s about it. Black olives are another situation altogether and I detest them. Sure, maybe you think I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I feel my rights as a salad eater have been violated and I demand that the salad purveyors of the world provide us with FULL DISCLOSURE!!!

4 comments:

  1. I hate olives - I'm the only person in my family that does. Sounds like a Mediterranean salad so always has olives. At least when I hear mozz and red peppers I'm always suspicious it will include them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm. I love olives and think you and Kristin are nuts for not liking them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate olives too! Don't like the taste they leave on other food either! Feel the same about pickles too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto Kristin- lots of Mediterranean stuff has the roasted red peppers and the olives. I don't think I realized that Kristin didn't like them- I guess I grouped her with the rest:)

    ReplyDelete