Thursday, March 11, 2010

H&R Blocked

About two weeks ago I received an automated message reminding me of my appointment on Sunday, March 7th at 6pm with my neighborhood tax man at H&R Block. So, even though I was just coming back from a work trip that afternoon, I worked diligently to pull my tax records together and get ready for my tax appointment. I left the house early so as not to be late and when I rolled up in front of the office, the lights were off and no one was home. So, I called the main 800# and was informed that their reservation system was "wacky" and sometimes does crazy stuff like confirming appointments that couldn't possibly exist. Confused but calm I then asked if I could make a new appointment and he said that wasn't going to be possible either because the "wacky" system is also down at the moment. Really? Okay, so I'm supposed to go back and trust these guys to do my taxes if booking an appointment seems to be a challenge? Ironically he then asked if there was anything he could help me with and I (oh so sweetly) stated, "well, it turns out you haven't really been able to help me with anything at all, but it was nice of you to ask." So, my energy feels "taxed" and my only "return" is the need to find someone else to do my taxes.

2 comments:

  1. what was the guy's reaction when you said he was of no help? classic! My dad will help you do your taxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy does our tax....love deducting all the interest for our mortgage payments! If you didn't sell any stock or other non-standard things I would like that you can just pay $40 for Turbotax and be done with it in 30 minutes....they even go out and upload your W-2s and all other type information. Very, very smart.

    ReplyDelete