Monday, April 12, 2010

Cut 'em back, Cut 'em back, WAAAAAAY Back!



I was on a plane the other day and while everyone was getting up to leave I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye. Curious, I looked in the direction of this flash and saw that it came from the manicure of the woman in the row in front of me. She had some sort of metallic design on her nails that caught the light and caught my attention. Not only was I surprised by the design, but what was more shocking to me was the length of these nails. These puppies were so long that I don’t know how she could go through her day without hurting herself or others. These nails came out a few inches from the tip of her fingers, a few INCHES!!! I mean, I just think about what it must take for her to put on a sweater and it freaks me out. I don’t want to talk about the potential food issues so I’ll let your imagination work on that one yourself. And the bathroom? Oh no, I won’t go there either. But what I really thought about was that this woman must not have any good friends because if she did, one of those good friends would have told her that those bacteria farms she’s growing off of her hands have got to go!!! Listen, I don’t have a problem with acrylics, wraps, or the occasional Lee press-on nail, but everything must be done within reason and with a modicum of taste. So, airplane lady, I hope you are reading and I beg of you to do us all a favor and just cut ‘em back, cut ‘em back, waaaaay back!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just think, she probably keeps them painted to hide their nasty discoloration from all the food and germs that get caught behind them. Lovely thought, eh?

    You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Miss Ebersole in middle school with her super long nails? I always wondered how she could be a science teacher with those daggers.

    ReplyDelete